Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

swing




Swings are for young and old alike
if you need some wind in your hair
if you want to feel like flying
if you want to feel your stomach rise into your chest.
The baby swing is so yesterday.
Eli wants the big swing.
Since mommy has to hold him in place
in order to swing
in the big swing
Eli would rather swing by himself
in his own way.

Independence in a toddler
is just the tip of the iceberg
leading to
mommy gradually not being needed anymore.
Insert sad face here.
It is a double edged sword though
because developing his ability to
walk
talk
eat
on his own is amazing!
But even contemplating for a second
that my little man will be
old enough to drive (yikes!)
old enough to vote (double yikes!)
a husband
a father
a grandfather! (whoa, reign it in, Denise!)
Lord, please give me strength
to accept the things I cannot change. :)

Honestly, I enjoy being needed.
I will miss him needing me.
But my job is prepare him
to be able to
live
thrive
grow
love
and NOT need me to do those things,
but need the Lord, daily, as I do now.
As Eli grows,
the need for me will hopefully be
gradually replaced
by the need for our Lord and Savior.
I guess needing the Lord
is a good replacement
for needing me.

Random ramblings of a mommy.
Thanks for reading! :)

No comments: