Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

sleepy

There is something so precious about a child sleeping. Yesterday morning, Elijah and I met some friends at Kerr park. Eli ran around like crazy and because of the humidity, his whole head of hair was sopping wet from sweat. Needless to say, he was exhausted. So we went home and he napped for a while. I went to get him up and bring him on our guest bed to talk about our afternoon plans, as usual. This time, he fell asleep again on the bed, which he has never done before. So I laid next to him and watched him sleep. He was so serene, laying there innocently. I listened to his shallow breaths, slowly pushing their way out of his little nostrils. I wondered if he was dreaming about the fun he had that morning. Or maybe he was dreaming about running around a heavenly playground on soft clouds with all of his friends. Maybe he had the ability to aptly move across the heavenly monkey bars, as he so desperately wants to do, but can't at an earthly park. But I think he was dreaming about Daddy because that was his first word as he moved around to reposition himself and opened his eyes just a crack to see if Daddy was there. Alas, it was just Mommy. So he moved a little again and fell back to heavenly sleep. I am so in love with my child.



No comments: