Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

flash gordon

Routines are little pieces of steadiness that make me sane in a life a craziness. Giving Eli his daily bath is a routine that normally takes both Chad and myself to perform, though we have both done it independently. As we trek upstairs, Chad disrobes Eli to his diaper and then they scurry to our bed to play and wrestle on it. I get Eli's PJ's ready, vitamins out, toothbrush in the ready position, towel and washcloth in hand, and then I make my way to the bathroom. Once I turn the handle on the faucet and the water pours out sounding like a gutter in a heavy rainstorm, Eli knows to make his way to his room so Chad can take his diaper off. This one act of ripping off the two tabs of his diaper and removing this cotton barrier seems to give Eli a sort of freedom that he relishes. A freedom to feel the wind in his sails, if you will. Once he is put down to make his way to the bathroom, the following video is my view from the bathroom every night.......lets just say he runs like lightning during a full 'moon'. :) Can I just say that I love my kid with a passion?

No comments: