Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

it happened



Look at that face....that cute, innocent face. I have read some funny stories from other mommies about their toddlers....how shall I say.....dropping the kids off at the pool....in a literal pool, i.e the bath tub. I thought those stories were hilarious, but we had never gone through it (at least in the toddler stage), for which I was thankful. Well, it finally happened. And I am warning you now, this post is not for the faint of heart or for those who have just eaten a meal.... :)


It was bath time Sunday night at the DeBolt home. Eli was having fun in the tub. He stood up in the tub while I washed his legs and then instead of sitting down, he crouched down to play with his toy that makes bubbles in the water. Chad and I are chatting and this goes on for no longer than 20 seconds.....apparently that is all that is needed. I look down at Eli and see between his legs this yellowish log. At first I thought it was a toy, but then I quickly went through the Rolodex of toys in my mind, trying to find something that fits that description and I came up with nothing. So I gave this log a closer look. Bad idea. Along with the log, there came little yellow balls, 4 of them to be exact. It looked like the log was the mommy and the little yellow balls were the babies, floating along behind it.

While getting Eli out of the tub, cleaned off, then having to disinfect the entire tub, toys, everything, it was actually very funny. We told him what he did and that it is not good to poop in the tub. He has done this in the past when he was infant. In fact, we went through the Diarrhea Incident of 2007 when he was a few months old and pooped 4 times in one bathtub session. But other than that, we have never had this problem before. I guess our child is just expressing himself by using his bodily functions in places that are not the norm (click here to see another post about where else our child likes to use his bodily functions).
I guess this is our fault because we have always encouraged freedom of expression. :)

No comments: