Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

flash gordon revisited

Soooooo, I posted a few days ago about our little flasher Eli. To refresh your memory, he likes to run from room to room completely naked before getting into the bath. Just as we have routines for him, we let him have this routine for himself.....well, it is for our amusement too. :)
Anyhoo, we runs from his own bedroom to our walk-in closet, and then back again to his bedroom. This pattern occurs multiple times a night. So one night this past week, after putting Eli down to bed, I started to get dressed to work out. I stepped in the walk in closet and felt wetness beneath my toes. We had just gone swimming that day at my Mom's so I thought it was residual pool water from our swimsuits.
The next night, Eli did his pre-bathtime naked running again and I scooped him in my arms and put him in the tub. It was then that I noticed a small wet mark on my shirt. At that point, at all clicked in my mind. I asked Chad to check for any wet spots in the closet and lo and behold:
Apparently, there was a part of Eli's routine that we never noticed.....until now. I guess we should now call him 'the sprinkler'. Now there are two spots of urine in this picture. I wonder.....did he run in the closet and pee in the first spot and then run away only to come back to pee in another spot? Could it be he has a daily routine of urinating only in our walk in closet and only a little bit at a time? :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

We had to put an end to Austin's running naked for a period of time until we could train him to "no pee pee" when he was running around. If it happens now he is sure to show us exactly where he had an accident.