Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Here are some pictures from the ultrasound. I did my best to describe each body part since these ultrasounds are a little tricky to decipher. In the below picture, she is is sucking her thumb which was adorable to see!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper, though I am a TERRIBLE wrapper. It is embarrassing, really. I bet people will think my 2 year old wrapped the gifts this year.
2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL! It is a tradition that my family gets a tree together in the morning and spends the rest of the day together. Plus, who can beat the smell of a fresh cut tree? Chad however would love to have a fake one.....easy up, easy down, no mess. :)
3. When do you put up the tree? Differs, but I like to go as early as possible.....this year we got one the first weekend in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Very soon after New Year's Day. By then the needles are falling off, the reservoir is dry and the ornaments virtually leap off the tree in an effort to be put away.
5. Do you like eggnog? I have never tried it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm....I am not sure that I have a favorite. I get better gifts now than then. :)
7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents, for sure. What do you get the people that have everything?
8. Easiest person to buy for? My secret Santa because I get a list of things they want! :)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I have always wanted one. I always forget to ask for one until it is too late. My MIL has a Willow Tree one that I always admire.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I still love getting mail, especially around Christmas.
11. Worst Christmas card you ever received? I love all of them. There was one year my Mom stepped out and went funny with her Christmas cards....there was a reindeer on the front with a cloud coming out of its rear end and inside the cloud read "ffftttt". Inside the card it read "Do you hear what I hear?". I LOVED IT! Some people were offended, but I thought it was genius!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As late as possible.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? In a white elephant, yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Mom's Swedish Gems (also called Snowballs, Russian Tea Cakes, Noel Nut Balls, etc.) There are so many names for these things, but they are oh so good, especially with a cup of coffee! They are powdered sugar coated confectionery delights! Yummy!
16. Lights on the tree? Of course, lots!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? We do every other year with each of our families so it depends.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course! Who can't????
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rude sales people.
23. What theme or color are you using? Gold, maroon and purple berry.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My parents always do seafood on Christmas day, so clams, clams and more clams!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Money to get a digital SLR camera.
26. Do you have a favorite ornament, what? My Mom gave me my ornaments from when I was a baby and on. I love those because they have meaning.
27. Gifts from Santa? Wrapped or Unwrapped? This is our first Christmas where Eli is aware that he will get gifts on Christmas day. So Chad and I haven't really talked the wrapping part out yet. We shall see!
Have a great holiday everyone!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Kids = FUN!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
The other day, I was coming out of the powder room when I saw it. On the carpet was this 'thing'. I call it a thing because I had no idea what it was.......but I had a guess. Here is the picture, you tell me what you think:
Eli does not chew his Flintstones vitamins, he sucks on them. Sometimes, if not monitored, when he gets bored of it, he spits it out. Well, apparently Bam Bam (or Pebbles, not sure which) did not make his/her way fully into Eli's belly. Investigation complete. But on the bright side, at least we don't have mice! :)
Thursday, December 4, 2008
I was visiting with a dear friend and they have a dog. The dog was all over Eli and Eli was actually loving it, giggling and everything. Then, he started to rub his eyes, his nose started to run, he got hives and then his eyes began to swell. So I took that as a sign we needed to leave, and fast! We went home, I gave him Children's Benadryl and I bathed him from head to toe. In an hour, most of the swelling and all of the hives were gone. But I did manage to get a picture of the carnage before it was healed:
My poor baby!!! You can see that his left eye is swollen. I hated seeing him like this and needless to say, he was not a happy camper. But it was nothing that could not be remedied and even after the medication was given, during the bath, eyes all swollen, he still was having fun and splashing Mommy as usual. :)
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
I leave dirty dishes in the sink for later and when later comes, they are clean.
I bought a shower curtain and somehow it mysteriously appears hanging nicely in our shower.
I open the dishwasher to unload it and the dishes are gone and put away already.
I leave the bed unmade to get Eli in the morning and it gets made mysteriously every day.
The trash is full one minute and the next, it is empty with a nice new trash bag inside.
I go into the house with the outside Christmas lights off, but when I leave later, they are twinkling away.
I leave a toy cluttered room to put Eli down for nap and when I come downstairs, the room is immaculate.
This little elf is extremely helpful and does these things without being asked, out of the goodness and love that is swelling in his heart.
This little elf means the world to me and I don't know that I appreciate him enough.
So this post is for you, little elf. I love you and I appreciate all that you do for me and for our son. I truly do not deserve you.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
I brought our sled out, but Eli did not want to sit on it. He did not know what the make of the snow. He wanted to be held while we were outside most of the time.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Eli clearly running as fast as he can in a fierce game of Red Light Green Light!