Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

temporary insanity

Elijah and I had a very interesting day yesterday. It began with a nice finger painting session outside in the gorgeous morning weather.



He sat at his little picnic table and finger painted for about a whole nanosecond.

Apparently art does not interest him when he could be.....

.....sitting the grass half naked.....or....

....kissing an apple from our apple tree.....

So after we played outside and cleaned up what little mess we made, I put Eli in the bath. Even though he did not get much paint on his body because he lost interest pretty quickly, he did manage to rub the paint in his hair.



So we napped (he did, I worked), had lunch, went to a friend's house and played, came home and started dinner. Eli and I were playing football in the family room when we heard Daddy come home and begin to come up the stairs. At first I saw something shiny on this big object he was holding....then I realized what it was and exclaimed "Oh my goodness!" while Eli exclaimed louder than me "DRUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


Chad went to Goodwill and found a kids' drum set for a whopping $12! Of course Chad, never willing to pass up a good buy and the utter and complete happiness of his son, bought it right away. It is missing a stand and the cymbal doesn't work very well, but it is perfect for a child that will probably bang it to the ground anyway.

Elijah was so excited and started banging away as soon as Chad could give him the drumsticks.


Look at the serious face....he is really concentrating on honing his craft.



And of course Eli wanted Daddy to join in and Daddy happily obliged. In fact he had bought 2 sets of drumsticks. Daddy knew he was going to have some fun with this gift too! :)

There is the smile I know and love!

How sweet is my husband! He also saw a jogging stroller at Goodwill for $20 bucks and bought it for me to jog with Eli! So apparently the Goodwill in Chadds Ford has some really cool stuff in it! :)

And this is what happened when it was time to go to say night-night to the drums and go to bed.......poor kid. This morning, as I type this, he is banging away on his new drums. We need to have a talk with our neighbors and make sure the drums are not waking them up in the morning. Are we insane for doing this? Time will tell. But right now, I love watching Eli play his drums and love every minute of it!

No comments: