Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

try


I am one of those mommies that lets my son run around in a fountain at the park, fully clothed and has no qualms about it.


I am one of those mommies that you see bolting out of a fitting room of a department store, with a dress half on, chasing after a giggling toddler that thinks it is a fun game to run around the clothing racks and play peekaboo.


I am one of those mommies that when on a walk with friends and their kids, I am trying to keep my tantrum throwing son from hurting himself when he collapses onto the concrete in a pile of tears and frustration because he cannot throw rocks in the pond because it is time to get into the stroller.


I am one of those mommies that is putzing around at home, thinking it is too early to leave for a play date, but when in reality have to grab my son and head out the door in lightning speed because I got the time wrong.


I am one of those mommies that when online at the post office, receives stare after stare because my child is running around the place, jumping, skipping and pointing out Mickey Mouse on the envelopes they sell because he will not be confined to my arms.


I am one of those mommies who cannot stand to hear my son cry so loud and long that he is coughing and about to vomit, so I always answer his cries, every one, even when he calls for me 8 times a night since birth.


I am one of those mommies that is still nursing her son at almost 2 years of age and mighty proud of it.


I am one of those mommies that desperately wants my son to grow to know the Lord as his savior.


I am one of those mommies that basks in the perfect joy of multiple kisses, hugs and eskimo kisses every day, always initiated by my cuddly, loving son.


I am one of those mommies that after putting her son down for a nap and munching on lunch, realizes that I completely forgot about playgroup that morning and missed it entirely.


I am one of those mommies that people may judge and look at strangely because I try to give my son more independence than a usual toddler might have. But I also try very hard to teach him manners and respect. I see other mommies that boast good control of their children and that come when they say to come, the very first time. The bottom line is I try. I try every day. I try to be a mommy that God would be proud of, a mommy that my husband can compare to the Proverbs 31 woman, a mommy whose efforts I can be happy with. I will always fall short and always need God, but I try every day. I may be a flaky scatterbrain, but God has blessed me with a child, and every day I try to make Him proud. Every day I try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a great mommy. I wish I was more like you Denise!!!