Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

new

And smile we did! What a great vacation! In true Denise fashion, I took over 350 pictures....wow. Don't worry, I won't be posting all of them here. But all week I will post some pictures from our trip. This post is about Eli's first experience with the beach this year; the first that he remembers, I am sure.



We got to the house at around 3:30 so Chad, Eli, myself, our nephew Nathan and my sister's husband Wes all went down to the beach (see them in the background of this pic) in our street clothes. I didn't put a swimsuit on Eli because I didn't think he would go in the water. So here he is making his way down to the water.....do you see the look of trepidation on his face?


Here is looking at the shells, I believe. He still wasn't going in the water at that point.

And I think this picture sums it up. Once he really saw the water he went in full force! He loved the water the first day. It was so new and refreshing after a 3 hour car ride.

Look how wet he is......he got even more wet, played in the sand with a shovel and then we were off to the house.....we knew we had many more days of fun on the beach to come:

morning walks on the beach

boardwalk rides

funny faces

kite flying

boccie ball

body boarding

sand hole digging

quoits tournament

lifeguard boat sitting

napping on the beach

burying cousin Nathan

dance off with another kid

No comments: