Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

promise

4 years ago today, at this very moment, I was in a hair stylist's chair. I was laughing, but nervous; excited, but had butterflies. The day had finally come. I was going to make a promise to my fiancee, to love and be completely loyal and devoted to him:

through sickness and in health
through pain and frustration
through joy and excitement
through God's shaping of our lives
through love's growth, endurance and change
through vessels like our children
through financial burdens and blessings
though thick and thin
through God's guidance

On this day, 4 years ago, I promised these things, with Jesus by my side. Jesus is still with us, in between Chad and I:

our cheerleader
our disciplinarian
our connector
our strengthener
our guide
our mediator

Through Jesus, Chad and I have made it this far. And with Him, we will continue to thrive.

HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY CHAD ROBERT! I would do it all again with you a million times over. I am in love with you.


Wow, how things change!! Chad and I are collectively about 50 pounds heavier now than in this picture. I guess that means we are happy, right? :)


Not sure what is going on in this picture, but I am sure Chad said something inappropriate to make everyone laugh.....love you honey. :)


What a great day it was, besides the fact that it was so hot, we were melting away. You cannot beat having friends and family around you, supporting you when you make the best and most important decision and promise in your life. Thanks to all that were there with us. Love you!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary! May God continue to bless your lives and marriage.