Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

fruit

nourishment
juicy
bite
savor
healthy

We have a fledgling apple tree in our backyard. Now, I am not sure what season it is that the apples are supposed to appear, but we have three growing on the tree as I am writing this post. Here is a picture of one of them. They are little and green at this point and the apples have never really grown to full ripeness in the past. There is one low enough for Elijah to touch and he does pull on it, but I am trying to teach him to respect the fruit. :)



Our neighbors/good friends Ben and Eileen went to pick peaches over the weekend and lovingly offered us some to devour. There is nothing better than eating a room temperature, ripe, soft peach! If you haven't tried it, please do soon. So yummy!


And this picture is just a shot from yesterday. As I am looking at this picture, Eli looks more like a little boy than a toddler. He will be 2 years old in October. Just a proud mommy of a growing boy. :)

Have a wonderful weekend! Mine will be busy: my sister's bridal shower, a date night, in-laws coming over, church and a BBQ. But I should have lots of pictures and stories to share. :)

No comments: