Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

picasso reincarnated

This weekend, Chad was at a volleyball tournament, so it was just Eli and I on Sunday. Searching through the arsenal of activities that I house in my harried mind, I remembered finger paints that had I bought for Eli months ago, but never used. I was afraid at the time that he would eat the paint, so I wanted to wait until he was a little older before he went crazy with it. So I prepared myself with wet paper towels, cloth towels, the finger paint and paper and my trusty camera. I put Eli in a big t-shirt to act as his smock, if you will.


Eli is anxious to pepper his canvas with colored paint galore! I explained that he would be using his fingers to put paint onto the paper. He seemed like he understood that the paint would go from his fingers onto the paper.





At first, it went well. The paint went from paper plate, to his fingers, to the paper. Everything was going swimmingly......until....





....Eli must have heard that paint acts as an effective moisturizer!






After informing Eli once again, the step by step process of finger painting, he seemed to understand and we were back on track.





But he did look extra cute with smears of vibrant color brightening his already cheery little face.





Bird's eye view....literally.....a friendly bird tapped me on the shoulder, offered to take my camera, fly over Eli and take a picture for me. What a friendly bird he was. :) Look at those finger strokes.....strokes of artistic genius if you ask me!






In the end, during the bath I had to give Eli after this foray into artistry, I removed paint from his nostrils, hair and ear canals successfully. All in all, it was a good day! :)

No comments: