Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

dance fever

Dancing is lots of fun. I am admittedly not a good dancer in the least. But I do like to cut a rug every now and then. I can't seem to look even remotely like I know what I am doing. Anyhoo, Chad is a wonderful dancer. He has got the moves! He won a talent show in elementary school in which his talent was breakdancing. He is good. Then there is Eli. Anywhere he hears music, he screams "MUSIC!" and proceeds to dance. I always let him, even if it is at the entrance of an Acme and the song is a slow country song. I am not exaggerating when I say ANYWHERE he hears music, the dance fever takes over his body. I have posted a few of Eli's dancing videos on this blog (aquarium, Chuck E Cheese, etc.). Below you will find another.

We were at the mall over the weekend running errands and we like to let Eli run free there. He loves to throw pennies in the fountain and just walk around. In front of a store called Hollister, there was club music playing, which you can't really hear in the video. He stopped in mid step and the music was like a tractor beam pulling him in. Then he proclaimed "MUSIC!" and started dancing. I remember a while back a college guy that traveled around the world videotaping himself dancing in different foreign places........maybe that is an idea for Eli.

At the end of the video, it looks like he is looking up at the mannequins wondering where their heads went.....come to think of it, that is a fairly scary thing for a toddler to see. :)

No comments: