Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

making due

I love this weather we have been having over the last few days. The coolness in the air, in the wind, in the morning, just so comfortable. I like to get outside with Eli as much as possible because as we witnessed last week, the heat and humidity is utterly unbearable.

Earlier in the week, I was on my way home from running errands with Eli. When there are days that I have to run many errands, I feel bad for Eli who has to follow me the whole time. On our way home, I was thinking of things we could do outside together. We only have a picnic table outside and bringing the basketball net and numerous balls outside was getting boring. If you know our family, you would know that my choosing not to work forced us to give up many creature comforts and with the gas and food prices rising, things have been tighter than usual. So as I felt the pull towards Toys R Us, I resisted! :)

As I was driving home, I decided to go through in my mind what we had in our garage, which by the way has never housed either of our cars. It is a storage unit/work out room/trash bag receptacle. As I ran through my mind the different kinds of things I could take out and clean off for Eli to play with, I thought of a blow up pool that we bought expressly for the beach last year. We used it one day. So when I got home, we dug it out of our garage, blew it up and realized it was much smaller than we had originally thought. But Elijah made due and loved it. It doesn't take much to entertain a child.

"Fill'er up, Daddy!"

"I proclaim this Elijah's Waterworld!"



In response to "Where is Mommy?" because that is the only way I can get him to look at the camera.


My little chemist, mixing away.




Love of Daddy and son.......

No comments: