Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

cucumbers

Calling Elijah a picky eater is putting it very mildly. With the amount of food he eats, I am surprised he has as much energy as he does. He has always been thin and the pediatrician has always kept tabs on his weight, but never really worried about it too much. Myself, on the other hand.....well, I worry about it all of the time. When your child has never in his whole life gone near any kind of vegetable or fruit, but will devour in seconds any cracker, cookie, pretzel, brownie or cake, a mommy understandably worries about nutrition. So........when Eli actually took a liking to the cucumbers in my salad and wanted more, I wanted to cry tears of joy! My boy is growing up! :)




He likes cucumbers and eats them regularly now, which is wonderful.



But when he does eat them, the initial taste leaves him a bit mystified about what to think of the crisp, cool watery goodness.




And then he gets mad at me for taking pictures and being so excited about something so mundane as cucumber eating....but oh if he only knew how happy he truly made me. Cucumbers today......celery tomorrow?????? :)

No comments: