Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

updates

DeBolt Family Updates:

1. Big Boy Bed Progress: Eli has been doing really well with his bed. The three of us go to sleep together in Eli's bed at first. We read a few books, pray together, give good night kisses and we wait for Eli to fall asleep. He usually needs to be holding onto my nose to fall asleep. A little weird I know. But apparently our noses are his comfort. Some kids have a stuffed animal or blanket that gives them comfort...Eli needs to touch our nose. I believe it started when he was 5 months old and while I would nurse him to sleep, he would reach up his little hand and play with my nose as he fell asleep. And it has happened ever since. And because he is a little ball of energy, it usually takes him 30-60 minutes to actually fall asleep and sometimes we fall asleep too. There have times when I would wake up in Eli's bed and wake Chad up too because we both fell asleep and it was now 9 at night! :) But it is just a blessing that he goes down to sleep without crying and it is nice time for us to spend as a family together.

2. Weaning Progress: Over a month ago, Eli was waking up 5 times or more a night to nurse back to sleep. (No, I am not a crazy person, just not a fan of having him cry it out) Now he wakes 2 times and nurses one of those two. Last night, I took that last night nursing away. He was not too happy for about 5 minutes, but easily fell back to sleep, holding onto my nose, of course. So progress is being made! :)

3. Pregnancy Progress: I had my first OB appointment last week and everything looks great. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Thursday, so that will ease my mind. Because of everything that happened in the beginning of my pregnancy with Eli (see here if you are unfamiliar), my OB is letting me have an early ultrasound to ease my mind. Hopefully I can post some pictures of the little bean then. I am still having the morning sickness, which seems to come in waves of really bad and not so bad, but it is ALWAYS there and is wearing me down. But I am thankful for it at the same time because it means that all is going well. I have not been the wife I normally am because of the morning sickness and Chad has really stepped up. He waits on me and takes care of Eli and does things around the house for me....he is truly a blessing!

4. Birthday: Eli will be 2 on the 13th. We are having a family party for him this Saturday, but then on his actual birthday on Monday, we are taking him to the zoo. We know he will love that. I will take pictures as usual and then accost you with the sheer volume of them on this blog. :)

Thanks for reading and caring about us and our family. If you have been reading this long, you must really be our friends. :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

Glad to hear that progress is being made on all fronts!
I have found that my kids seem to adapt well to changes and it is my fears and anxieties that they won't that ultimately have held me back.

a blog full of weldons. said...

i was literally getting online to write you an email and then i thought "oh wait, i'll check their blog first..." and you answered all of the questions i was going to ask! thanks for the update! we just got foster's big boy bed set up last night and i am going to get him some sheets tomorrow and then try it out this week. i need some help! what do you do when eli gets out of bed? how are his naps? ok, too many questions for a "comment" section, i know. maybe i'll just email you too and totally clog up all of your internet apendages :)