Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

testing

Tests. I have never done too well on tests. I was always average. To give myself a little credit, maybe a shade above average. B's and C's littered the pages of my report cards through the years. That was good enough for me, usually, even though every now and then I would get an A. Boy, would I LOVE to get an A. There were times I got an A and those times made me very happy. Once in thrid grade, I got straight A's! Once and never again. My Pop Pop gave me some astronomical amount of money for it, though I forget how much now. Maybe it was just astronomical for a third grader.

So when Chad and I started trying for baby number 2, I knew the testing would begin and I also knew that I wanted the A.......bad. :) For those who do not know me, I am a serial tester when it comes to testing for pregnancy. Instead of paying twenty dollars a pop for the drugstore brands, I found that at Dollar Tree, you can buy pregnancy tests for a DOLLAR! So of course I stocked up! One morning I came downstairs with Eli, saw my husband off to work by giving him a kiss and went into the bathroom to test. When I waited the appropriate time for the test to do its job, I saw this:

If you look really hard, squint your eyes, hold the picture to the light and stick your tongue out, you may be able to see a faint line next to the bright pink one. I thought I may have been seeing things, so I emailed it to Chad with the words 'Are we?' in the subject line. He wrote back 'I see a faint line, does this mean we are pregnant?'. At that, I was ecstatic! I had taken lots of tests before and seen NO LINE at all, so any sign of a line was a pregnancy! So I ran out and got another test, a different brand, to compare the tests.



If you look hard you can see the plus sign!!! But I still was not totally convinced, so the next day, I bought the expensive kind, the digital kind of test. I wanted to be sure before I got completely excited.


It was then official....Chad, Eli and I were starting on a new journey together!!! Our family was growing and we were so infectiously excited!!! :)

No comments: