Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

spooky

This time if year brings out the scary things: monsters, witches and of course ghosts. But I never thought I would be spooked by my own child's observations.

I was in the kitchen making dinner one night and Eli was in the other room playing. Then he came running to me, saying "scared mommy, scared". So I said "what are you scared of, buddy?" and he says "a man, a man in there". Being brought up watching every scary movie my Mom was too afraid to watch alone, I was scared too!!!! I went into the living room and saw nothing. I said "I don't see a man, Lijah." and he said "ok".

Flash forward to another day, I was getting changed to go out with Eli and was in my bedroom with him. He went into the hallway and came running back to me saying "scared mommy, scared". So I asked him again what he was scared of and again, got the same answer: a man. I investigated as usual and found no man.

Now I am starting to get a little freaked out. If he would have said he was scared of a ghost or a witch, that would have made me laugh a little and I would explain that they are not real. But he keeps saying he is scared of a man and it is always when he leaves the room to go to another, almost like he runs into this said man and gets scared and comes running back to me. So now I am wondering, do we have a ghost? :) Spoooooooky!!!!!!\

FYI: I thought it would be cute to put a cartoon ghost picture in this post so I went to msn.com and plugged in 'ghosts' and searched images......do not do this. It brings up very scary images and I closed out of it as quickly as possible!!!! Boy am I a scaredy cat!

No comments: