Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

rings

This is a conversation Eli and I had on Tuesday night while Chad was out volunteering.


(I put my engagement and wedding rings on Eli's dresser while I put lotion on him after a bath)


Eli: "What are those.....coins?"


Me: "No, they are Mommy's rings. Daddy gave me these rings. And he has a ring that Mommy gave to him. We gave each other rings when we got married."


(Eli gets a sad face, hangs his head and sniffs)


Me: "What is wrong, buddy?"


Eli: (crying now) "I want rings too!!!"


Me: "Oh sweet pea, I don't know where we can find rings for little boys like you. I will have to talk to Daddy about it later and see if we can find one for you."


Eli: "Ok, ok...."


(he gets off the bed and starts out the door)


Me: "Where are you going?"


Eli: "To talk to Daddy....we find a ring store."


Me: (chuckling to myself) "Daddy isn't here, he is teaching kids about Jesus. Can we talk to him about it tomorrow?"


Eli: "Ok."



Eli always wants to do the things Chad and I do together, but also things we have done together in the past. It is almost like he feels left out. See another story like this here. He is just so precious to us that if he was with us, he would be involved in those life changing moments. He will learn someday that the reason he wasn't with us during those times was not because he we didn't love him or that he wasn't on our minds, but because God was preparing him for us and was not ready yet. :)

No comments: