Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

protruding

I am definitely out of the expanding phase and into the protruding phase....the above picture sums that up quite nicely. At 31 weeks pregnant, here are the deets.

--Weight is on target, so my OB says...sometimes I wish he would give me a swift kick in the rear and say I need to start eating better. With every visit, it makes me want to eat more bad stuff because he always says I am on target.
--Evangeline moves like a kid in a candy store! She cannot sit still already and she is not even here yet! :) Sometimes she hurts me....maybe she has super human strength....or maybe I am a wimp. I seem to believe the latter.

In my last visit with my OB, the possibility of induction came up. He knew I went into labor very fast with Eli so he told me that when he starts checking to see if I am dilated (beginning at 34 weeks) and finds me to be 3-5 centimeters dilated before my due date, I will have to be induced. Now, I don't want to be on the side of Bypass 30 with a horrified Chad delivering our daughter, but I really do not want to be induced. Not only have I heard horror stories about the dreaded pitocin that helps move the labor along....I was thinking of the slight possibility that maybe since I labored with no drugs with Eli, I could do it again. Of course with Eli, I had no choice and I was not happy about the fact that I could not get drugs (to read more about Eli's labor story, click here). BUT, the most important reason is that I just want to begin labor naturally, in God's timing. But again, I am not in control, He is. So maybe induction is God's timing, we shall see.
--With the help of Chad's parents (God bless their souls!) we almost have Evie's nursery completed. It still needs some girly decor to brighten things up. Once it is ready, I will post pictures.
--Other than that, life is good and besides being sidelined many times over the last few months with sickness, we feel very blessed! :)

No comments: