Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

nursery

If you have ever been to our house, you may notice that the rooms are miniature. The powder room is barely powderable, and the bedrooms barely fit a double bed. So we had to get creative with the placement of furniture for Evangeline's nursery. We used an old dresser from Chad's parents and two pieces of Eli's nursery furniture to complete the room. With Eli's nursery, we went with an aquatic/nautical theme with navy blue and light blue paint colors. I wanted to go neutral and calming this time around with Evangeline's nursery. I am so excited for her to come and meet us.


I was organizing clothes that people have given us for her via hand-me-downs and lovely gifts from our amazing parents (I have not had to buy a stitch of clothes for her and am SO THANKFUL for that!). There were baby clothes scattered all over the floor and Chad came upstairs to witness the sea of pink that enveloped me. He said he never saw so much pink in his life. I got up and stood where he was and it was not until that moment that I realized just how much pink there actually was! It was actually quite thrilling! And while I was looking at each article of clothing (tiny hats, socks as long as my pinky, ruffles, sun dresses and jumpers galore!) I was too enamored with how cute everything was and how truly excited I was to have a little girl that I did not notice anything else but my excitement.

Of course I am getting EXTREMELY uncomfortable WAY earlier in this pregnancy than I was with Eli. There is pain in places there should not be yet (or at least until labor), I cannot hold my pee in for the life of me, Evie's legs are pushing against my rib cage and the exhaustion is overwhelming. So as soon as I turn 36 weeks (full term, which is 3 weeks away!) I will pray for this baby to come out, come out, come out! I am still worried about Eli and how he will react to this new blessing, but so far, he is pumped. At OB visits, he brings his little doctor bag with him and pretends to listen to the baby's heartbeat with the doctor. The other day, Evie was doing gymnastics inside me and Chad had his hands on my belly. Eli wanted to get in on the action and put his head on my belly. She was moving like a crazy person, so Eli could feel her movements easily. He laughed and told us "Evie is pushing me!". All three of us sat like that for a good 5 minutes and laughed and oooo'ed and aaahhhh'ed. It was precious.


It won't be long now!

2 comments:

a blog full of weldons. said...

oh denise! the words above the crib are so precious! i'm going to head over to kohls this week and see if there are any left. so beautiful! you did a wonderful job putting her room together...she will love it!

Aunt B said...

I love her room....too cute for words. Wish we could be there and see you all.