Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

simon says....

Saturday, Chad and I went out on a date to celebrate my birthday a few days early. We went to a restaurant called On the Brandywine at the Simon Pearce glassblowing facility. This restaurant was very fancy schmancy. Chad was a little nervous being the picky eater that he is, but he tried new food and actually liked it. I wasn't surprised because the food was really incredible. It was very $$, but oh so good.


They had a beautiful display with information about glassblowing. We also watched a short video of how Simon Pearce came to the United States and how he created two glassblowing facilities, on in West Chester and one in Vermont. It also illustrated the process of blowing glass and that was very interesting to me.
Of course the one picture we had the waitress took of us is dim.....but we had a wonderful view of the Brandywine River. But this view and great table was only ours because we got there at senior citizen time: exactly when it opened @ 5:30. :) After dinner, we tried to take a few funny pictures, but of course the one funny picture I am in, I actually look like I am seriously reading a display. I can't be funny in a picture, it is impossible. :(
Now Chad on the other hand.....well, he is little more brave in the funny department. One of the waitresses saw us taking these pictures and was laughing. At us or with us, not too sure. :)
All in all, as my sister in law always says, I highly recommend this restaurant! :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

I have always wanted to try that place. Thanks for the good recommendation and pictures so that I can convince Mark it is worth trying.