Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

explore

Elijah found a leaf yesterday. And about 5 seconds after this picture was taken, he ate it. Leaves have fiber, right? :) The kid won't eat fruit or vegetables, but will eat crunchy dead leaves.

Yesterday was fun. It was a little brisk, but it was nice to test out our new picnic table (thanks to craigslist!) and color outside in God's green pasture! Well, our backyard is not so much a pasture as it is a high grade hill, but it works for the purpose of having fun.


It is crazy to me to look att he below picture because Elijah looks so big. In terms of height, he has always been above 90th percentile, but I mean big in terms of looking more like a boy instead of a toddler. He is growing faster than the blink of an eye.....and I need to appreciate every stage because someday, he will be gone, off to find his own way, with a wife and children of his own. He won't need me anymore, but instead, I will need him.

Here he is relaxing on our hill, watching me kick his 'Go Deigo Go' ball. It is so funny what emotions a cartoon character on a ball will evoke. This is his favorite ball, yet I don't think he has ever seen the show. He can say 'Deigo' too.....go figure.

And this is Elijah's reaction when asked where Mommy is. Even though it was cool, the sun warmed us and protected us from the brisk wind.

1 comment:

a blog full of weldons. said...

these pics are awesome! i love that eli ate a leaf...makes me feel better that foster eats acorns :)