Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

say what?


The development of a toddler's ever evolving language is fascinating to me. It goes from silence, to babbling, to the beginning/end of words, to whole words, to two words, and then multiple words all in 2 years time. Through all of this, there is the stage that Mommies go through too: 'word deciphering'. In this stage, I hear Elijah say a word and I know it is an actual word he is trying to say and not just babbling because he is repeating it over and over. And I stand there, listening so intently, trying to figure out what it could be.


So I thought I would share some of Elijah's words in which some were tough to decipher. Maybe you will have better luck than I did! Elijah's words, phonetically spelled, are below and the actual words are further down the post. Have fun!




1. owl-whitey
2. hep-peas
3. hot-tee
4. jooj
5. oo-oo-ah-ah
6. mee
7. doh
8. moat
9. noise
10. meths










1. owl-whitey = alrighty
2. hep-peas = help please
3. hottee = hot tea
4. jooj = George (aka Curious George)
5. oo-oo-ah-ah = monkey
6. mee = cat (his attempt at 'meow')
7. doh = dog
8. moat = remote (aka remote control)
9. noise = nose
10. meths = mess




I love my freaking kid. :)


No comments: