Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

child labor

My Mothers In Christ bible study at church has been going through a few chapters in our book about being a good homemaker. This is one area where I think I fall short. I would rather wrestle, tickle, run and just plain play with my son rather than clean. This is not good, as the state of our home is orderly to the naked eye, but when you really look deep, those crumbs sitting for days on the floor can be readily seen. So being convicted in this area, I decided to wake up and clean yesterday. The only way I would do it was to involve Elijah so that we could play AND clean all at the same time!

Here, Elijah is sweeping. And before you ask, yes, he is in peguin clad winter pajamas.....it was cold the previous night!
Here is Elijah, still in the penguin pajamas, waiting for me to tickle him on the bed.
And here, Elijah is helping me put the sheets on the bed. After having flannel sheets all winter, Chad was dying for the regular sheets and he got them....though I love flannel all year long. I want to patent a design for sheets that have regular 'feel' on one half and flannel on the other so a husband and wife can both have what they want!
Here he is cleaning with a wipe that he would rather suck on than clean with. As the day went on, it got warmer, so we ditched the penguins and put on a lighter outfit from last season. He is rocking the floods, or as I like to call them 'capris'. Of course his onesie fits fine because he is the SAME WEIGHT as last season just about. Kid won't gain weight......just like his Dad.



And here he is looking under the bed for anything to clean. Nothing there, but picture albums and things not for Elijah. He knows this, but looks anyway. Ah, the curiosity of a toddler. :)


No comments: