Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

turd


The other day, I was coming out of the powder room when I saw it. On the carpet was this 'thing'. I call it a thing because I had no idea what it was.......but I had a guess. Here is the picture, you tell me what you think:
My guess was mouse turd. The worst thing you want to think. Our neighbors had an exterminator come to rid their house of mice less than a week ago, so maybe they flocked to our house to escape certain death. But then I thought, this so called turd is in the family room, which in a three story house is really on the second floor. Would they climb up here? I was not convinced so I thought I would investigate and do the undoable....I would try to pick it up and inspect the so called turd. (Ew, I know) So I got a paper towel and began to pick it up slowly with my thumb and index finger. It needed some pull because it was stuck to the carpet. So as I squeezed it to release it from the furry ground, I felt that it was hard. Would a fresh mouse turd be hard already? My investigation was not over. As I looked at it more closely, I realized what it truly was.











Eli does not chew his Flintstones vitamins, he sucks on them. Sometimes, if not monitored, when he gets bored of it, he spits it out. Well, apparently Bam Bam (or Pebbles, not sure which) did not make his/her way fully into Eli's belly. Investigation complete. But on the bright side, at least we don't have mice! :)

2 comments:

The Taylor Three said...

I loved this entry! Too funny and totally disgusting at the same time! I love kids!

The Taylor Three said...

Ummm...this is hilarious and I totally thought you were going to tell me this was from Eli! Whew.