Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

holidays

I got this from my friend Susan....thought it would be fun. I would love to hear your answers as well. :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper, though I am a TERRIBLE wrapper. It is embarrassing, really. I bet people will think my 2 year old wrapped the gifts this year.

2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL! It is a tradition that my family gets a tree together in the morning and spends the rest of the day together. Plus, who can beat the smell of a fresh cut tree? Chad however would love to have a fake one.....easy up, easy down, no mess. :)

3. When do you put up the tree? Differs, but I like to go as early as possible.....this year we got one the first weekend in December.

4. When do you take the tree down? Very soon after New Year's Day. By then the needles are falling off, the reservoir is dry and the ornaments virtually leap off the tree in an effort to be put away.

5. Do you like eggnog? I have never tried it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm....I am not sure that I have a favorite. I get better gifts now than then. :)

7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents, for sure. What do you get the people that have everything?

8. Easiest person to buy for? My secret Santa because I get a list of things they want! :)

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I have always wanted one. I always forget to ask for one until it is too late. My MIL has a Willow Tree one that I always admire.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I still love getting mail, especially around Christmas.

11. Worst Christmas card you ever received? I love all of them. There was one year my Mom stepped out and went funny with her Christmas cards....there was a reindeer on the front with a cloud coming out of its rear end and inside the cloud read "ffftttt". Inside the card it read "Do you hear what I hear?". I LOVED IT! Some people were offended, but I thought it was genius!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As late as possible.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? In a white elephant, yes.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Mom's Swedish Gems (also called Snowballs, Russian Tea Cakes, Noel Nut Balls, etc.) There are so many names for these things, but they are oh so good, especially with a cup of coffee! They are powdered sugar coated confectionery delights! Yummy!

16. Lights on the tree? Of course, lots!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? We do every other year with each of our families so it depends.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course! Who can't????

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rude sales people.

23. What theme or color are you using? Gold, maroon and purple berry.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My parents always do seafood on Christmas day, so clams, clams and more clams!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Money to get a digital SLR camera.

26. Do you have a favorite ornament, what? My Mom gave me my ornaments from when I was a baby and on. I love those because they have meaning.

27. Gifts from Santa? Wrapped or Unwrapped? This is our first Christmas where Eli is aware that he will get gifts on Christmas day. So Chad and I haven't really talked the wrapping part out yet. We shall see!

Have a great holiday everyone!

No comments: