Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

hives

Eli has an allergy. Ask me what it is and I will tell you that I have no idea. I just know he has one. It has something to do with dogs, but not all dogs. And it can happen with one dog one time and then the next time he spends time with that same dog, he is totally fine. This is the weirdest allergy and I feel terrible that I cannot pinpoint the actual culprit. Is it the oils from the dogs? The saliva? Who knows. All I know is that after today, I need to carry Children's Benadryl at all times.

I was visiting with a dear friend and they have a dog. The dog was all over Eli and Eli was actually loving it, giggling and everything. Then, he started to rub his eyes, his nose started to run, he got hives and then his eyes began to swell. So I took that as a sign we needed to leave, and fast! We went home, I gave him Children's Benadryl and I bathed him from head to toe. In an hour, most of the swelling and all of the hives were gone. But I did manage to get a picture of the carnage before it was healed:






My poor baby!!! You can see that his left eye is swollen. I hated seeing him like this and needless to say, he was not a happy camper. But it was nothing that could not be remedied and even after the medication was given, during the bath, eyes all swollen, he still was having fun and splashing Mommy as usual. :)

1 comment:

a blog full of weldons. said...

oh that is the saddest picture i have ever seen! poor little eli! at least he made the best of it with the splashing in the bath :)