Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

slide on down


This weekend, we hung out with our amazing friends the Weldon's and their cute-as-a-button kiddos Foster and Rowan. And of course we had to burn off some energy with the kids at Moonbounce! The Daddies had fun with the kids on the equipment and the Mommies had time to chat and catch up. Please forgive the massive red eye shots.....the red eye reduction setting on my camera obviously does not work very well. :)





It was a great time with friends, kids and fun. I think once you have children, the fun you have with your friends increases. Not only do you laugh at each other (i.e. underdone brownies that give new meaning to the word gooey!) but you also laugh at your kids and the shenanigans that they create (i.e. Foster the toy stalker!).





I got to hold Rowan who is 2 months old and it brought back memories of holding Elijah when he was that small. Such a cuddly little teddy bear. But my oh my how things have changed. Each stage of development has been such a wonderful time of learning, for Elijah and for Chad and I. Children just give new meaning to the word 'joy'. Before Elijah, I had felt joy: on my wedding day, times with friends, work accomplishments, when I found out I was pregnant with Elijah, etc. But little did I know the God would take such an exponentially overflowing joy and package it in such a small package as my son. He brings my husband and I to new levels as well as stretches us, both as husband and wife and as parents. We have grown almost as much and as fast as Elijah.

God has truly blessed me with joy after joy in my life and He is who I thank for those blessings every day. Sometimes I think to myself that I have no idea what I did to deserve this happiness and all of the blessings He showers upon me. But then I remember that I don't deserve it. God gives abundantly to those to ask and seek Him. So that is what I strive to do every day in order to give back to Him the joy He has given to me: seek His face. :)

No comments: