Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

easter



So this weekend, I battled an illness that attacked my stomach. Thankfully as of today, I have conquered it! But before I was feeling sick, on Friday Elijah and I went on a hayride with my friend Donna and her son Trey. It was at Highland Orchards and was a good time! The hayride took us around the orchards to a bunny that gave out plastic eggs. Inside the eggs were coupons for some free goodies inside their store! We chose a cider doughnut and chocolate homemade fudge. Yummy!


The best part is when I went to the car and rifled through my purse to realize that I am missing my keys. I had given them to Elijah during the hayride to satiate him when the hayride wasn't moving. So lucky for us, the driver of the hayride who was an elderly man, happened to be walking by to go home for the day. He was so nice and drove us to where the hayride was parked and I was able to find the keys and go home. :)





Easter Sunday, because I was ill, Elijah and I did not make it to church. It was sad to not be able to go, but Chad went and prayed for us. It must have worked, because I was feeling better in the afternoon after a long nap. So we got Elijah ready in his Easter best on a casual tip. As you can see, he has a bruise from the iced tea pitcher in between his eyes. Always before holidays, kids get hurt somewhere on their face.....is seems to be inevitable.


Every year since my siblings and I have been too old for the Easter bunny, they have had these Easter egg hunts with plastic eggs that hold money in them. So this year, Elijah was old enough to get in on the fun.



We also had fun playing with cousin Nathan and Daddy outside. It was chilly, but the sun made it feel great. We saw our neighbors, dogs and just had a great time.







Lastly, I can count on one hand how many family pictures we have of the three of us....a whole whopping 2. So every holiday I try to get a family picture. When it comes to Elijah, he can never seem to sit still to take a picture because, well, he is a kid. When it comes to Chad, he seems to be the Chandler Bing of picture taking (A 'Friends' reference for anyone who watches it). And for me, I always seem like the sun is burning holes into my retinas. We made a few attempts yesterday to get a picture of all of us and the below was the best we could do. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Jesus rose again and conquered death for our sins! Hallelujah!

No comments: