Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

bounce me???? no, bounceU!

We made a trip with some friends with some old work friends and their kids to BounceU in Exton. Let me just say, as soon as we entered the building, Elijah wanted down and bolted away from me to explore all over the place before I even was able to sign us in.





This was the first time we were there and though it was a bit pricey (I am used to getting into Moonbounce Adventures for free, so I am spoiled!), it was a great time! Elijah danced to the music that was playing and kept wanting to go in the room for the 6 year olds and over....wanting to grow bigger while I want him to stay small! All in all, it was a wonderful time!





So today was interesting. Elijah likes to play with containers (as I am sure most toddlers do): cups, bowls, pots, pitchers, etc. So today he asked for a pitcher and his asking consists of saying "peas" (his version of "please") over and over again. So I gave him the pitcher and proceeded to put the groceries away from our shopping trip. From the open fridge, he pulls out an apple. So as I finish my ever long rearranging of things in the fridge and finally shut the door, I see this:



Now obviously this is not how apple juice is made.....but I did not tell my child that for fear it would thwart his creativity. I give him points for trying. And then as he was bending over with the pitcher, thinking that would make the apple come to his mouth, he tripped and the pitcher hit his forehead. And a bruise is coming, I can tell. Oh, the life of a toddler.

BTW, please don't forget to read the post below this one about places to take our kids! :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Bounce U is great. We went to a birthday party there in January and Austin slept for 4 hours afterward, though he also picked up a cold. But I find that is typical for that kind of place.