Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

frenzy

why is my life so chaotic to me?

I have a husband who helps me in every way, even doing loads and loads of laundry during his work day
Two children, who give me kisses happily whenever I ask
A home, that is cool on warm days and warm on cool ones
Cars to take us where we want to go, whenever we want to go
A God that loves me and blesses me though I don't ever thank him enough or spend enough time with Him

So why is my life so chaotic to me?

Because the eyes that I see through are not the ones that God sees through. I need to take the time and enjoy the view that He sees.

God put love in my life
God sees His interventions in order to direct my path
God sees Him and I together in heaven (boy, do I have a lot of questions for him!)

God sees through the distractions. Life is so chaotic to me because I cannot see through the distractions.

Television
Internet
Errands
Overeating
Music
Worry

I want to say, "God, please take these distractions and melt them away into oblivion."

But I need to do it (with His help). Like the old adage says:

There was a man in a flood on the roof of his house. A boat came to rescue him, but he said "No thanks, I have faith that God will save me." Then a helicopter came to rescue him and he said "No thanks, I have faith that God will save me." When that man drowned in that flood and got to talk to God, he asked why God hadn't saved him. God's reply: " I sent the boat and the helicopter."

I need to make changes and with God's help I can. :)

No comments: