Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

backfat



Why can't I look like this again??? Oh yes, is it because I don't have money or time to go tanning, fake or real, PLUS I already have brutal crow's feet?? Is it also because I birthed two children whose births AND rearing have taken a toll on my body (even though I love them more than life)?? Or is it because I am lazy and just eat whatever is in front of me until I combust?

You know it is bad when your husband massages YOUR BACK and you can feel him trying to get through the fat to reach muscle! Who gets back fat, seriously??!!? Oh yeah......me. Was it the hot dog cravings and total lack of eating discipline while pregnant with Evie that started this spiraling downhill decent into obesity?


Sooooo, after this vacation, no more. I am dedicated to eating healthy and exercising. I started well a few weeks back and actually lost 5 pounds, but being sidelined by a knee fracture didn't help Operation Body Shrinkage. On Tuesday, I should be cleared for exercise again and at that point I will have a new assignment: Operation Back Fat/Stomach Fat/Thigh Cellulite/Hiney Shelf Vaporizing.


Chad and I both have dedicated ourselves to this cause. We will post our weight on our fridge each week, for everyone to see who comes and visits. We will keep each other accountable.


  • Fat it Up Fridays will be replaced with Low Fat Fridays.

  • Blizzards with extra stuff will now become 1/2 cup frozen yogurt.

  • Getting up at 6:30am with the kids will now be getting up at 5:30am BEFORE the kids.

  • Chad's 'Calorie Bomb' consisting of a WaWa milkshake and apple pie is no more.


We can do this. Of course our bodies from when we were married will probably never be back....and I have accepted this fact. But I just want to lose weight, be healthy, exercise more and feel good about myself, as does Chad.


There.....whew. It felt good to get that out.

2 comments:

The Taylor Three said...

Oh denise...I hear you sister! But I have to say that I think you look great...but I laughed and laughed at your post! If we lived close together I would love to motivate each other b/c I too feel like I am 100% in your boat....except YOU are my idol for getting up at 5:30am and still having the energy to mommy 2 kids!

Anonymous said...

You can do it!