Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

introducing

Introducing:
Evangeline Finley DeBolt
May 6th, 2009
2:23pm
7 pounds, 10 ounces
21 inches


Here are some updates (birth story to come):

-Evangeline is nursing like a champ....sometimes every hour and half during the day, and then at night she sleeps so long without eating (3-4 hours) that I feel like I have to wake her to feed her. Heaven sent, this little one is. Let's see how long this lasts.


-Eli LOVES his little sister....always touching her, asking to hold her. In fact, he loves her so much that he is very rough with her. He bit her toe the other day....not sure where that came from. :) BUT, he did act out a lot the first days she was home with us...never towards her, just not doing what we ask of him, tantrums galore, thrashing and screaming on the floor, etc. One night, I was in tears because he was completely uncontrollable thrashing around and not wanting me near him....exactly the type of thing I was afraid of. Luckily, that was the worst it got and things have been smoother since.

-I had my first outing alone with both kids to the pediatrician for Evie's second weight check. It went very well and Eli was a very good listener. Evie on the other hand peed on the scale...am I weird to think that was too cute??!?!?

-Changing Evie in our bedroom at 4am by the light of the plug in night light proved to be a bit daunting when I was sprayed with some type of liquid.....poop or pee, I could not tell. Luckily, the bathroom light exposed it for what it was: just pee.

-Evie could win an award for Loudest Gaseous Emissions Propelled from Tiniest Hiney, hands down. Chad heard one and thought it was me! I was thoroughly disgusted.....mine are much louder. JUST KIDDING! Come on people, be real....girls don't fart.

-Chad and I still have our Fat it up Fridays date night where we pig out and watch DVR'd shows on the couch...but now we have a little girl in between us! :)

-Life with two is love.

1 comment:

a blog full of weldons. said...

"life with two is love" - wow, that is spectacular!