Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

bonding

Somehow, Daddy can get Eli to laugh that deep-in-his-belly, hearty, uncontrollable laugh that is just music to my ears. Every night after dinner is wrestle time for Eli and Daddy and all I hear from the other room is laughter. To me, it is one of the best sounds in the world. I cannot seem to cause him to laugh that way and that hard no matter what I do, but I don't care.

I just feel blessed that Chad and Eli have such a strong bond and relationship. I think it is because they are identical in so many ways....of course I think Eli MAY the dreaded Phipps eyebrows (haha!), but everything else about him is pure Chad: looks, personality, fun factor, reckless abandon, etc.

But Eli is my boy too. We snuggle together at naptime, we play games together, we lay in his bed and I tickle him silly. Those are the times that I am cherishing right now, while I don't have to worry about Evangeline and I can just be with Eli. But it is wonderful to know that Eli has his Daddy too and that they are so in love with each other. It makes my sadness of Eli not being my one and only anymore disappear so that I can be even more excited than I already am for Evangeline's arrival. Yay for Daddys! :)

No comments: