Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

sunflowers

On our last mulch day, my hubby planted sunflowers that our awesome friends (who happen to live next door) gave to us.

Chad noticed this little bud coming out of the mulch and I was so excited! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sunflowers! They are so beautiful and remind me of simplicity and happiness. Not to mention, I basically added the sunflower seed food group to my diet in college because I ate them constantly. Then a week later, I see this:

They are growing like crazy and now I am SUPER excited! They will grow tall and pop up right outside our kitchen window!


I am so excited and in awe of my new sunflower sprouts!


And Elijah just laughs at me. It is silly, I know, but you must understand I have no green thumb at all. It is actually just a normal flesh colored thumb, unfortunately. I cannot even care for a house plant because within days, it will surely be dead. :( And, it may even be the wrong time of year to plant sunflowers and maybe they will die soon from too much or not enough sun. Just cut me some slack if I am super pumped that something we planted ourselves has the potential to grow into something beautiful..... :)

No comments: