Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

cravings

This pregnancy is drastically different than my last. One difference is food aversions. I never had aversions to food while pregnant with Eli. Now, I can't eat much chocolate or sweet things anymore. I used to live on fat free frozen yogurt, but not I cannot even look at it. But the biggest difference is cravings. I never had any cravings while I was pregnant with Eli. But this time around, cravings are all I am having!!!
It started with soups.....the first being:


I would eat this for lunch and sometimes dinner! And I don't add the water it specifies to add because I want all of the flavor!!!! So what if I have barely ANY broth! :)
Then, even though Campbell's soup was inexpensive, I found an even cheaper soup that had way less nutritional value (which apparently my baby is craving!) and way more sodium (another thing my baby is craving!):
This is terrible for you and the sheer amount of sodium can kill some elderly people, I am convinced of it. But oh was it oh so good!
After all of the fun baby was having with those foods, he/she decided that nutrition was of utmost importance. So, my next craving was:
I think it is the crunchy texture or maybe the sweet, watery taste that makes baby even still wants these all of the time! Who knows why baby LOVES them, but they have become a need, an addiction. So I always have some on tap.
And one other nutritional addiction:
Cucumbers are my best friend. I put them in salads and also slice them up and eat them with sprinkles of salt. MMMMMMM, good.
But my last and ever constant craving, from the beginning of my pregnancy has been the least nutritional, most fattening thing I can eat:
Isn't it terrible? I never ate hot dogs before being pregnant and if I did, it was fat free hot dogs, which taste terrible. But now, hot dogs are what satisfy me the most. Just watch, you will see me a few weeks from now and think that I am due within the hour because I will be SO FAT from eating these hot dogs!!! I am trying to have restraint, though.....I did buy reduced fat hot dogs, but baby did not like those at all! So back to the fatty, empty nutrition of the full fat hot dog for me. Yummy! Somebody help me.....an intervention is needed.....Denise, back away from the hot dog. :)

1 comment:

a blog full of weldons. said...

there is something truly delicious about a pregnancy hot dog. i remember loving them too...although mine came with a side (nay, a BAG) of cheese curls :)
how about turkey dogs? my hot dog connesiour (spelling?) husband even likes them! they might be worth a try.