Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

inappropriately dressed


Last week, Evie and I dropped Eli off at preschool and we went for a midday jaunt.  I wasn't sure where we were going to go, but I had my trusty Canon with me.  I drove to a place where I just love to go and let my kids run free, pet animals, feed horses and jump off of rocks:  Springton Manor. 


The weather was cool, but was even cooler because of the wind.  And the place was filled with squishy grass.


But we were lucky to be there to see many pregnant animals, one of which I thought was this goat.  I thought this particular goat was pregnant because we were told two goats were pregnant and could give birth any day.  The other reason was that this goat didn't move the whole time we were there, no matter how close we came to it.  Ah, the days when I was 9 months pregnant and not wanting to move no matter who came near me or how close they came.  Just wasn't worth the effort.  I understand you goat.  Say hi to your motha for me.  (random SNL skit reference) 


It was interesting how Evie has changed even from less than 6 months ago.  She loves to walk and prefers it over the stroller.  I can just let her go and explore and exclaim 'Cat! Cat!' over and over again.  I let her pet the animals and just be curious and free.


...except when squishy grass was involved.  The shoes she was wearing and even the clothes showed that this jaunt to Springton wasn't planned and I did have to run interference at times.  I mean, wouldn't you if your adorable daughter was wearing these adorable shoes??  :)


The horses didn't come over so we could feed them grass.  But Evie sure did enjoy gazing at them grazing.


When we were on our way out, one of the caretakers took us and ushered us into a barn.  We weren't sure what we were going to see, but lo and behold...a mere hours old lamb.  The mommy gave birth that morning.  What a treat to see!  And every time they made any sheep sounds, Evie would squeal with laughter.  So we weren't dressed for the weather or the conditions, but what we saw was amazing!  :)

No comments: