Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

bite

Me and the fam go to the park up the street. The kids and Chad will play and I will go for my run. It was a typical Friday evening and as I was coming around the loop there was a dog leashed to a woman who I took to be the owner. As I was running up to them to pass, I noticed that the woman was not pulling the dog over and the dog was taking up the whole path so as I passed, I went up on the grass a little. As I did this, the dog jumped up on me. And I thought, 'wow, his claws must be sharp because this hurts'....then I screamed two times because of the pain. I looked down and saw the dog (a medium sized dog) still attached to me! I fell back and it let go. I assessed the injuries and then looked at the woman, who was profusely apologizing. I stupidly was like, 'no biggie' and walked away. I was in shock a bit. Luckily Chad and two friends of mine were at the playground and the two friends saw what happened. They asked if I got her info, if the dog was up on its shots, etc....of course I was too in shock to even ask so I had to run up to her and get the info. Turns out she was the dog sitter and the owner was away. I felt bad because she was crying and I am sure just as traumatized as I was. I went to the doctor the next day and he said there was some tissue damage, but it would heal fine with antibiotics. The below photos show the damage....so don't look if you get queasy easily or happen to be eating something while reading this post. Problem is, now when I run I am super scared of dogs and don't want my kids touching any we don't know anymore. This experience has taught me that with any kind of animal, you just don't know what will set them off.

This was on my hip...you can see my hip bone a little on the right. This was the bloodier one.

This was on my left thigh. This is the one that had tissue damage.

And this is the bite a week later actually getting better. I bruise easily.


1 comment:

a blog full of weldons. said...

ok, this is horrible! horrible! horrible! i can't believe it!